When I’m faced with a setback of a situation (like my horse getting hurt) or what seems like an impossible goal (losing 50+ lbs), I try to remind myself of my ultimate goals. Whether you call it a bucket list or dreams or dear lord please let me accomplish at least one of these age forces me to start showing halter horses or minis, I think it’s really good motivation to remind yourself to reach for what seems like the unattainable.
My Equestrian Bucket List
- Show at least 2’6″ at an A/AA show, get my changes and don’t botch any distances
- Gallop on the beach
- Train Simon to WTC and jump bridleless
- Win a neck ribbon
- Win a cooler
- Compete in a hunter derby
- Watch the show jumping at the Olympics or the World Equestrian Games
- Go to Quarter Horse Congress
- Rescue a feedlot horse and rehab it to the best of my abilities
- Ride a reining pattern
- Ride in a clinic with a BNT
- Go camping on horseback/with the horses
- Own a horse throughout its entire life, from the time I acquire it until it passes away
I can’t tell if that list looks like a ton of stuff, or nothing at all. Some are very attainable, some not so much, and some only if I step up and work really hard. I know I can accomplish some of these, but sometimes it’s so daunting to get started.
Now that they’re out there for the world to see, I guess it’s high time I bump up my determination to make some happen. What’s on your equestrian bucket list?