I love Karen’s blog, Bakersfield Dressage not because I’m the world’s biggest dressage nut… but because she is an insanely positive person and much wiser than I am. So it’s not surprising that she came up with an idea that I adore and had to make my own version of. From her blog:
Mary Baker Eddy says in her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, “Are we really grateful for the good already received? Then we shall avail ourselves of the blessings we have, and thus be fitted to receive more.”
So in the spirit of my 30 things to do before I’m 30 list, I present 30 equestrian things I’m proud and grateful to have done already.
1. Shown in the indoor arena at the NC Hunt Horse complex.
2. Earn my “colors” in a hunt club.
3. Win champion.
4. Gallop my horse flat out in trail ride match race.
5. Point up a division in IHSA.
6. Show at a weekend horse show.
7. Earn a year-end award.
8. Have my name on a perpetual trophy.
9. Put early rides on a very green horse.
10. Trail ride in the desert at sunset.
11. WTC and Jump bareback
12. See the Spanish Riding School Lipizzaners in Vienna
13. Go to the Winter Equestrian Festival
14. Photograph shoulder to shoulder with equine photography legends
15. Go to a million shows with AWFUL braids and then learn finally learn to braid properly.
16. Complete a clear cross country round.
17. Win a hunter pace.
18. Get back on.
19. Be trusted enough to get to catch ride a nice horse…
20. Win on that catch ride.
21. Visit the Kentucky Horse Park.
22. Halter break babies.
23. Own a horse that will pack around anyone without a complaint.
24. Win an equitation class.
25. Get ribbons in a big class.
26. Conquer fear after years of feeling like I’d never be able to.
27. Show 2’6″
28. Have had three “heart” horses.
29. Shown & ridden other disciplines.
30. See a horse being born.
What are you most grateful that you’ve done/accomplished?