I love love love the Viva Carlos blog hop this week! It’s especially topical since we all know how much horse showing can make you question everything about yourself including the quality and talent of your horse.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the Pros of our current ponies, whether you own them or just ride them in lessons.
Simon has a lot of good qualities, and I probably don’t write about them on the blog as much as I should since I tend to focus more on what we need to improve on. So without further ado…
- Simon is perhaps the least buckiest horse I have ever sat on
- I’m not sure he knows how to rear
- He loves to work
- He has excellent ground manners
- He’s easy on the eyes
- His large ears make it easier to hear… but he rarely spooks at noises
- When he does spook, it’s usually the “stop and snort” variety
- He’s a super duper honest jumper, any stops we’ve had were my fault entirely
- He’s gentle with dogs and small children
- He doesn’t mind a good spa day
- His gaits are pretty comfortable to ride
- He has a fairly stable gastric system
- He’s pretty easy on the eyes
- He is a very cute jumper for the hunters
- He likes attention
- He hauls my fat butt around over courses with 0 complaints! 😉
This is probably my favorite blog hop at all… love to celebrate our beloved creatures a bit more!